- Choose from three types of sedation for relaxation
- We have both early morning and evening appointments
- We’ll stop your pain so you feel better soon
Atlanta West Dentistry is devoted to improving your smile while providing optimal comfort. If we recommend Marietta oral surgery, you can fully trust that it’s in your best interest, and that you will always be comfortable during any procedure. The skillful treatment we perform can:Dr. Bowersox on oral surgery Read Transcript
Dr. Bowersox on oral surgery
A lot of times in our office we will screen for wisdom teeth as a preventative service when you are a teenager. If we see that teeth are coming in more impacted, a lot of times we will recommend removing those teeth before they cause more problems. As you get older, teeth that are impacted can really cause problems with bone carries and really your inclusion or your bite. We like to take them out preventively when you're young and healthy. We offer this service here. A lot of times we do it under sedation, which will make the procedure a lot more comfortable. It's always conscious sedation, so you are awake, but you're very, very comfortable.
- Provide pain relief due to a persistent toothache
- Prepare your bone to help you become a candidate for dental implants
- Prevent potential dental issues that could occur later
- Keep you comfortable with The Wand® anesthesia, sedation, modern technology, and creature comforts
If you’re currently experiencing dental pain due to an emergency, you should call us immediately at 770-744-4619. We provide emergency treatment and will see you as soon as possible. We’re even open until 7:00 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Providing Comfortable Oral Surgery Services to Save Your Smile
Many dental offices refer their patients out to other doctors if oral surgery services are required. At Atlanta West Dentistry, we rarely have to do that. Our highly trained, dedicated doctors can take care of you in the safest, most efficient way possible.
We offer all these procedures:
- Tooth extractions, including wisdom teeth
- Sinus lifts and bone grafts, which add needed bone structure to help you receive dental implants
- Brush biopsies, which involve using a small brush to take tissue samples and check for oral cancer
- Frenectomies to remove extra muscle tissue under your tongue or from your upper or lower lip to improve your speech or prevent spacing of your teeth (using a laser for faster healing and less bleeding)
- Alveoplasty to reshape and enhance your jawbone if you’ve lost teeth or had any extracted
- Ridge augmentation to strengthen your jawbone for implants while also enhancing the look of your jawline
- Gum grafts to cover exposed tooth roots caused by gum recession
Soothing You With Safe Sedation Options
Our dentist office features a special surgical sedation suite that is designed for more complicated procedures. The suite is private, allowing you the most personal comfort possible. It also features a dedicated restroom and outside exit.
We offer three types of dental sedation, including:
- Inhaled sedation to quickly calm you down while you remain awake
- Oral conscious sedation, taken orally before your procedure to relax you
- IV sedation, which allows you to sleep during your entire treatment