- Get new teeth in just one appointment
- Relax with our sedation options
- Discover your options with a free consultation
Whether you’re missing one tooth or all of them, Marietta dental implants from Atlanta West Dentistry can help you have your smile back. We can even provide you with a full set of new teeth in just one visit!Dr. Travis Watson on using 3D x-rays to place implants Read Transcript
Dr. Travis Watson on using 3D x-rays to place implants
The standard in dentistry today is the three dimensional cone beam x-ray which can be a very localized three dimensional image that we can evaluate and virtually place an impact way before a patient is actually here in the office. We do a lot of this planning prior to patients coming in. More oftentimes than not, especially in a case where a patient has recently had to have a tooth removed, the surgery, we'll call it surgery, but it's actually really not as invasive as you would think because the ability to place that implant atraumatically is something that we always celebrate because patients are usually ... There's a lot of anticipation. There's a lot of nervousness when patients come in because they think, “Oh my goodness. You're going to put a screw in me. Immediately they're relieved when the treatment may last 15 minutes to have this implant placed.”
We often get comments from patients that say, “Gosh, that was easier than having a filling done.” Even all through the explanations that I have for patients, they still don't believe it until it actually takes place. Then it's also very funny when I call the patient that night and usually will call the patient a few days later and the patient is not expressed any interest in taking pain medications. There's really no need to take pain medication because it's such an atraumatic procedure. Patients generally are leaving with a much better experience from a post operative standpoint. There's much less pain, virtually no pain in most cases. Certainly we're cutting down on things like swelling and soreness. Basically the whole patient experience is so much easier than it used to be.
We offer a wide range of implants, which replace your missing teeth to:
- Strengthen your ability to chew
- Improve your appearance
- Enhance your speech
- Benefit your overall oral health, since missing teeth can lead to other dental issues
Call us today at 770-744-4619 to schedule a complimentary consultation at our friendly dentist office. Our award-winning dentists will make sure teeth implants can help you like they have for so many others!
Making Your Smile Look & Function Great With Dental Implants
Dental implants are a great option if you’re missing teeth and want a new smile that looks, feels, and functions naturally. Implants won’t slip out of place, and they can be cared for like natural teeth – just brush and floss!
Our dentists are highly trained in dental implants. Dr. Watson has completed several continuums through the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, while Dr. Bowersox uses her skills and knowledge to teach oral rehabilitation at Georgia Regents University’s dental school. Combined, they’ve placed and restored nearly 3,000 dental implants! In addition, they will use a 3-D CT scanner to ensure a comfortable, efficient, and precise implant procedure. If you are interested in receiving dental implants, visit the office you are considering so that you can meet the doctors and get to know your potential team.
Using this advanced technology, we can place your implants with an accuracy of 1/100 of a millimeter – in as little as 45 minutes. Afterward, your healing time will be quicker and more comfortable, plus we often don’t even have to use any stitches.
Atlanta West Dentistry works with a skilled lab technician who will help you determine the perfect shape, fit, color, and general design of your new implant-secured teeth. You can achieve a beautiful, realistic, and functional smile that you will feel great about.
Depending on your smile’s needs, we may recommend any of the following implant options:
- Traditional Single Implants – Your implants, which are surgically placed into your jawbone, will serve as prosthetic tooth roots (usually made of titanium). After a short healing period, the implant fuses with your jawbone to create a sturdy foundation for a dental crown or other dental prosthesis.
- Mini Implants – Mini implants are simply smaller implants that we can place if your jawbone isn’t strong enough to support traditional implants.
- All-on-4® Implants – This is a popular solution for those who need a full arch of replacement teeth, and it’s performed in one day! We will strategically place four implants to provide the most support possible, and then attach your new teeth in just one visit.
- All-on-6 Implants – All-on-6 implants work like All-on-4® implants except that six implants are used instead of four. We may recommend this technique if your mouth requires the extra stability.
- Implant-Retained & Implant-Supported Dentures – Implant-retained dentures are secured using dental implants with ball attachments. Implant-supported dentures work much the same way except that they use a bar to secure the denture.
- TeethXpress® – The TeethXpress® implant service allows you to have new teeth after just one visit! We’ll provide you with temporary replacements while your final restorations are being created.
Comfortably Receiving Your Dental Implants
We will ensure the most comfortable experience possible while placing your dental implants. You can even sleep during the entire procedure by choosing IV sedation, our deepest level of dental sedation.
If you need teeth extracted to better benefit from implants, we can gently do so. We also offer bone grafts to create enough support for your implant placement.
Dental implants in Marietta can remake your smile and change your life. Call us today at 770-744-4619 to schedule your complimentary consultation!