- Rebuild your smile and enjoy more confidence
- Relax with one of several sedation options
- Eat a wider variety of delicious foods
If you’re living without teeth or need to have your teeth removed, Atlanta West Dentistry is here to help with our beautiful Marietta dentures! We offer customized denture options to help you:Dr. Travis Watson on Dentures Read Transcript
Dr. Travis Watson on Dentures
Dentures are still a very common restoration or appliance therapy that we do for our patients. The truth is that 25% of adult Georgians have dentures basically or a in some way, whether it be their upper or their lower arch, which is sometimes a high number that people don't think of. So there's a lot of denture wearers out there and so many patients, at the beginning, start to think, “Well, gosh, a denture. That sounds like an awful way to replace your natural teeth,” and we find that we can usually help patients in that adjustment process and get them to wear they can wear their dentures comfortably. Sometimes, I can be a bit of a compromise. But from the standpoint of having something that is retentive and stays in with confidence, we feel like we've been able to succeed with hundreds of patients over the years. What I always tell patients is that upper dentures typically are very easily to get accustomed to whereas lower dentures sometimes can be a little bit more of a challenge to get accustomed to.
So if we're gonna do anything, we're gonna try to maintain something on the lower, whether it be a few teeth and sometimes, we get into the discussion of placing a couple implants. It can actually be fairly simple to have a lower that snaps into place because the alternative for a lower is just getting used to a denture that moves around just a little bit and it's more about muscle memory than anything else. But it's been fun for us to be able to offer implants for patients who have had, say, a lower denture for 5, 10, 15 years and to be able to basically allow them to start snapping their denture in. That's a pretty cool thing for us to do.
- Eat the foods you love
- Feel happier about sharing your smile
- Enhance your oral health, and even your overall health
We also offer multiple sedation options to relieve your dental anxiety during any needed extractions and make your experience with us as relaxing as possible.
Schedule your complimentary dentures consultation today! Call 770-744-4619 to set up a convenient time to discuss your dentures options. We’ll help you develop an individualized plan to create your new amazing smile!
Developing Your New Smile With Conventional Dentures
Atlanta West Dentistry’s traditional dentures will give you back a full set of teeth. Your options are:
- Full Removable Dentures – We can create a set of custom-designed replacement teeth that will look and feel great in your mouth. If you have lost most of your teeth due to disease, decay, or age, or will need to have many of them removed, this may be the option for you.
- Partial Dentures – Partial dentures work much like traditional dentures except that they replace only a portion of your natural teeth. If the majority of your natural teeth are healthy but you have a gap you would like to fill, partial dentures may be right for you. As with full dentures, partials are removable for easy cleaning and maintenance and may require an adhesive to stay in place.
Secure Your Teeth to Dental Implants For Superior Performance
Our most comfortable and stable dentures are secured to dental implants. Our dentists can use a computer-guided procedure to place implants down to 1/100 of a millimeter of accuracy.
We’ll even “virtually” place your implants during our planning phase. Because we go to great lengths to streamline your care, you’re assured of quick and efficient treatment. After your implants are placed, your dentures options include:
- Implant-Retained Dentures – These teeth are secured to your jawbone using dental implants and ball attachments.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – These replacement teeth are secured to implants using a bar attachment system.
Both options are great for lending extra support and stability to your denture. We can even do custom dentures with special LOCATOR implants.
Let our Marietta dentures rebuild your smile! Call us today at 770-744-4619 to schedule your consultation.