While things are certainly not “business as usual,” we wanted to let you know we are here for you in our clean, comfortable, and safe environment. Our standards are well “above and beyond” what the American Dental Association and Centers for Disease Control recommend. We love what we do and the people we do it for. We are always here for you.
Here are a few things we have done to ensure safety for everyone who comes into our office:
- All protocols, methods and materials have been reviewed to ensure that we can provide state-of-the-art sterilization, disinfection systems, and office procedures. Every solution, piece of equipment and instrument was examined to ensure safety for our patients. Safety is our #1 priority.
- New state-of-the-art air purification systems in each treatment room that include HEPA filters and UV light that kills 99% of bacteria, mold, viruses and reduces airborne particulates such as dust, dander, pollen, and mold.
- Air-capture devices installed in each hygiene room to collect aerosols
- We will be expanding our hours to 7am to 7pm so that we can practice social distancing inside our office. This will also allow the necessary additional time to disinfect the treatment rooms between procedures.
- Our patients are scheduled in such a manner to meet and exceed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and CDC Guidelines for Disinfection and Sterilization to disinfect every surface that is touched for your maximum protection.
- Measuring the temperature of all patients and team members before coming into office.
- At the beginning of every appointment, you will be asked to pre-rinse with an alcohol-containing Mouth Rinse which has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Team members will change into scrubs upon entering the office, so there is no transmission of anything from the outside world into our office or vice versa.
- Our team is well-equipped with proper PPE (disposable n95 masks, gowns, shields, gloves, and hair-covers) We’re using OPTIM™medical-grade wipes throughout our office after each patient. It is the most powerful sanitizing agent available for eliminating germs, bacteria, and viruses. OPTIM™ has FDA approval and is the number one surface disinfectant in the dental industry. It is trusted by leading infection control experts and is strong enough to kill E. Coli, MRSA, Staph, Listeria,Coronavirus, TB, Hepatitis B Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, HIV, viruses (hydrophilic and lipophilic), bacteria (including MRSA and VRE), and fungi.
This high level of service is just one of the many ways that we are supporting our community, and it is included in the excellent work that we do…we go through a comprehensive disinfection after every patient is cared for.
Drs. Watson, Dr. Bowersox, and all team members here at Atlanta West Dentistry will continue to go above and beyond for our patients…it is second nature. For this and many other reasons, many of our patients have trusted their care with us for over 40 years.
We very much look forward to seeing you, your family, and your friends very soon.
Drs. Watson, Dr. Bowersox, and the AWD Team