Photographs are like time capsules, capturing moments of our lives. We have pictures from birthday parties, vacations, weddings, anniversaries, and everyday experiences with our family and friends.
When you look back at those pictures five, 10, 20 years from now, will you see photos of yourself smiling or will you see photos of you hiding your teeth?
If your teeth are crooked, you may feel too embarrassed to show them when your family and friends ask you to join them for a photo.
Many patients in and near Marietta, GA, visit our dentist office seeking a way to fix their misaligned teeth. We are glad that we can help with Invisalign aligners.
If you would like to see what’s possible with this orthodontic treatment, then please visit us at Atlanta West Dentistry.
Peak Into The Future
There’s nothing supernatural going on at our office. However, we can show you what your teeth could look like with the Invisalign Outcome Simulator.
After making a three-dimensional scan of your teeth, we can feed that into a computer. The computer can simulate how your teeth could change with Invisalign. Before you commit to the treatment, we can give you a good idea what your smile could look like by the time you are finished.
For many patients, knowing the end result is a good motivator to stick with the treatment until the end.
We have heard Invisalign called “clear braces” or “invisible braces” because they can fix many of the same issues as traditional braces in a much more discreet way.
Invisalign does not actually use brackets or wires to move teeth. Instead, you receive a set of aligners that push your teeth gently a little bit at a time. If you wear the aligners as directed, you can have teeth that are straight and a smile that you are proud you share.
Here is what you need to do.
- Make an appointment to visit our office. Our dentists can examine your mouth to determine if you are a good candidate for Invisalign. The good news is that most people are.
- Have your teeth scanned. When you are ready, we can scan your teeth so they can be sent to the Invisalign laboratory. They will use computers to create a series of aligners just for your teeth.
- Get your aligners. We will show you how to wear them and how to remove them when needed.
- Wear your aligners. To get the most benefit from your aligners, you will need to wear them for at least 22 hours per day. You will wear each aligner for a few weeks before changing them as needed. This will keep your teeth moving in the right direction.
- Wear your retainer. At the end of your treatment, you will need to wear a retainer for a short time. This is needed to reduce your risk of relapse.
Relapse occurs when your teeth start to drift toward their original positions. Wearing a retainer for a short time makes it much more likely that your teeth will remain in their new straight positions.
Invisalign has been used to correct a wide range of alignment issues including teeth that are crooked, that are crowded, and that have gaps between them. Invisalign also works on crossbites, open bites, overbites, and underbites.
The aligners are transparent, which many people appreciate.
Not all teenagers are comfortable wearing braces. Invisalign gives them another way to straighten their smiles.
Many working professionals worry about how they may be perceived by coworkers, clients, or customers if they wore braces. With Invisalign, they can complete their orthodontic care in a discreet way that will mostly go unnoticed by the people they interact with on a daily basis.
Another benefit of Invisalign is that you can remove them. While you do need to wear them a vast majority of the time, you can remove them for up to two hours per day.
During this time, you can eat your meals and you can brush and floss your teeth.
See The Possibilities
Come to Atlanta West Dentistry if you have been considering orthodontic care. Let us show you what is possible with Invisalign. Let us answer any questions you may have about this treatment.
When you are ready, we will be here to help you throughout the process. On average, patients are able to complete their Invisalign treatment in about 12 months.