A lot of times in our office we will screen for wisdom teeth as a preventative service when you are a teenager. If we see that teeth are coming in more impacted, a lot of times we will recommend removing those teeth before they cause more problems. As you get older, teeth that are impacted can really cause problems with bone carries and really your inclusion or your bite. We like to take them out preventively when you're young and healthy. We offer this service here. A lot of times we do it under sedation, which will make the procedure a lot more comfortable. It's always conscious sedation, so you are awake, but you're very, very comfortable.
Atlanta West Dentistry’s team in Marietta, GA is devoted to benefiting your smile while providing optimal comfort. If we recommend oral surgery, you can fully trust that it’s in your best interest, and that you will always be comfortable during any procedure.
The skillful procedures we perform in our Marietta, GA dentist office can:
- Provide pain relief due to a persistent toothache
- Improve your smile to help you become a candidate for dental implants
- Prevent potential dental issues that could occur later
- Keep you comfortable with The Wand anesthesia, sedation, modern technology, and creature comforts
Providing Comfortable, Quality Oral Surgery To Save Your Smile
Many dental offices refer their patients out to other doctors if oral surgery services are required. At Atlanta West Dentistry, we rarely have to do that. Our highly trained, dedicated doctors can take care of you in the safest, most efficient way possible.
- Tooth extractions, including wisdom teeth
- Sinus lifts and bone grafts, which add needed bone structure to help you receive dental implants
- Brush biopsies, which involves using a small brush to take tissue samples and check for oral cancer
- Frenectomies to remove extra muscle tissue under your tongue or from your upper or lower lip to improve your speech or prevent spacing of your teeth (using a laser for faster healing and less bleeding)
- Alveoplasty to reshape and enhance your jawbone if you’ve lost teeth or had any extracted
- Ridge augmentation to strengthen your jawbone for implants while also enhancing the look of your jawline
- Gum grafts to cover exposed tooth roots caused by gum recession
Soothing You With Safe Sedation Options
Our Marietta, GA office features a special surgical sedation suite that is designed for more complicated procedures. The suite is private, allowing you the most personal comfort possible. It also features a dedicated restroom and outside exit.
We also offer three types of dental sedation, including:
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to quickly calm you down while you remain awake
- Oral conscious sedation, taken orally before your procedure to relax you
- IV sedation, which allows you to sleep during your entire treatment
Call Today For A Complimentary Consultation – A Care-Free Meeting Can Save Your Smile!
Top Marietta, GA dentist Dr. Lauren Bowersox is a certified member of top dental associations in the country including Georgia Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry and American Dental Association.